Become a hospice volunteer
Become a hospice volunteer in our local area. Help us provide a compassionate presence and non-medical support for people living with a progressive life-limiting illness and/or grief.
Volunteers fulfill many roles within our organization. Opportunities exist in areas such as community education, administrative support services, hospice visiting, bereavement support, committee work and fundraising.
To become a Bruce Peninsula Hospice volunteer:
- Contact us or complete “I am Interested” form below
- Personal interview
- Provide further documentation as discussed in the personal interview
- Participate in training as required (training programs are held at regular intervals)
Bruce Peninsula Hospice volunteers:
- are mature, caring members of our community.
- have been carefully screened and interviewed and have participated in a Hospice Palliative Care Ontario accredited training program.
- are sensitive to the needs of people facing progressive life limiting illness.
- will honour and respect dignity and privacy.