Become a Bruce Peninsula hospice volunteer
Become a hospice volunteer in our local area. Help us provide a compassionate presence and non-medical support for people living with a progressive life-limiting illness and/or grief.
Volunteers fulfil many roles within our organization. Opportunities exist in areas such as community education, administrative support services, hospice visiting, bereavement support, committee work and fundraising.
Bruce Peninsula Hospice volunteers:
- are mature, caring members of our community.
- are carefully screened and interviewed and participate in a Hospice Palliative Care Ontario accredited training program.
- are sensitive to the needs of people facing progressive life limiting illness.
- honour and respect the dignity and privacy of our clients.
Click below to learn more about available Volunteer positions:
We Need You
2023 Goal for New Volunteers: 20
New volunteers so far – 3
To become a Bruce Peninsula Hospice volunteer:
- Contact us or complete “I am Interested” form below
- Participate in a personal interview
- Provide further documentation as discussed in the personal interview
- Participate in training as required (training programs are held at regular intervals)