Position: Administrative Assistant
Position: Administrative Assistant
Application Deadline: Monday September 25th, 2023
Part-time Contract Position:14 hours per week
Anticipated Start Date: Oct. 2, 2023
Anticipated End Date: September 12, 2025
Work Conditions: Hybrid work with some in office presence and external event location requirements.
Who we are:
Bruce Peninsula Hospice (BPH) is a non-profit, charitable community hospice serving Tobermory, Lion’s Head, Wiarton, Sauble Beach, and surrounding rural areas with in-home hospice and bereavement supports. Services are predominantly provided by volunteers who are screened and specially trained and serve in multiple capacities including providing direct client care, serving on the Board of Directors and/or Board Committees and helping with office work or fundraising. Our non-medical compassionate care is provided to individuals and families experiencing serious illness or grief at no cost and we work cooperatively with health care and community service providers. BPH has one permanent full-time paid staff person, the Manager of Volunteer Programs & Outreach. Founded in 1995, we have over 25 years of offering our compassionate care to over 1,000 people in our area. (www.bphospice.ca).
BPH is seeking a highly motivated, detail orientated and organized team player with excellent IT skills to assume the role of Administrative Assistant. This person will assist in organizing service delivery database information design of promotional and event materials, support project and senior staff and facilitate and support volunteers onboarding and training.
The Administrative Assistant will also help develop and publish outreach tools, prepare correspondence and statistical reports. The successful candidate will have strong administrative, design, oral and written communication skills, experience working with databases and a commitment to quality and confidentiality.
Responsible to the Project Lead, and working closely with the Manager, Volunteer Programs and Outreach and Project Coordinator, the Administrative Assistant will:
- Contribute to the development and creation of materials for volunteer recruitment, training, engagement, recognition, and stewardship programs.
- Complete database entry of records and activity contacts and assist with the development of project and statistical reporting. Ensure records of contacts and communications are entered accurately and maintained safely.
- Prepare and participate in external community events, organizing materials, preparing handouts, signage and promotional material, send advertisements to media and assist with social media promotion.
- Assist with project survey collection and compilation and help with tracking of project expenditures.
- Prepare personalized organizational correspondence as required to further the Age Well at Home Project.
- Provide phone and email communications support utilizing tact and high-quality interpersonal skills.
- Adhere to all organization policies and procedures, and respect and uphold confidentiality.
Candidates will have:
- Solid working background with all MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Teams, Sharepoint and Powerpoint.
- Adept at using Zoom, CRM database applications, Adobe, Publisher and or other design programs, social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn, learning and experimenting with new software, programs, apps and collaborative tools.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) interpersonal and relationship management skills, including working with volunteers.
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail, problem-solving skills and workflow organization.
- Minimum 2-4 years relevant work experience preferable working for a non-profit or in the healthcare or community service sectors.
- Secondary or post-secondary education with training in office management systems.
- Availability to work flexible hours, including evenings as needed; and proven ability to work remotely.
- Integrity, ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy as per PHIPA and a healthy sense of humour and fun!
Ideally the candidate will:
- Reside within our service area and have familiarity and knowledge of the Bruce Peninsula.
The successful candidate will be expected to complete Hospice Palliative Care training and provide a Criminal Reference Check.
Qualified applicants can apply by sending their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Monday September 25th 5:00 pm EST.